Educational Philosophy & Principles
The MCPK offers the highest quality in early childhood education and is nationally recognized for this quality education as well as for its support of families in the community.
Enrolling your child at MCPK is a great value; the return on your investment in this quality program pays for itself in future success of your child!
Here are some unique aspects to the program that will stimulate, nurture and educate your child as well as support you, the parent/caregiver in your role:
- A faculty of certified pre-school teachers with an average of 9-10 years of classroom teaching experience
- Faculty retention - a consistent teaching faculty for the past five years; administration for the past 11-14 years Two master teachers with an average of 30 years’ experience who supervise the faculty and curriculum
- A curriculum that emphasizes each child and how he/she learns best. Teachers utilize that information to develop lesson plans and activities that meet children's individual learning styles
- A full-time registered nurse who is a recognized expert in pediatric illness and allergy. The nurse monitors children's illnesses, injuries and chronic medical conditions.
- A flexible daily schedule that meets the needs of the family The only school that truly represents the town of Montclair - families from all four wards of Montclair and mirrors the classrooms the children will enter in Kindergarten
- A working relationship with the Montclair school district- we offer a variety of inclusive classroom opportunities for preschool children with special needs,
- A family atmosphere - a warm, welcoming open-door feeling A quality reputation with families in Montclair; many choose the MCPK for all of their children to attend, we have a strong return rate